The Ploughman Pub is situated in the grounds of the Bathurst Agricultural Museum, adjacent to the Showgrounds (home of the Oxbraai, Eastern Cape’s most (in)famous event).
First established as a members pub for the volunteer folk who built the museum, today is a warm meeting place for interesting Bathurst locals and visitors alike. A cosy eclectic inside bar or spacious outdoor area are available for you to relax, unwind and let the lay lines run through you! (you do know that Bathurst is the Centre of the Universe, right!).
Various events are hosted at The Ploughmans Pub, to be advertised on our Facebook page. There is also Pike’s Post, a large old-school, barn style venue available for functions.
- Steak and chips with salad
- Hamburger and chips/salad
- Homemade pie chips and gravy (beef and stout, chicken, mince)
- Tramezzini and chips (ham, cheese, tomato, onion)
- Last Thursday of every month is quiz night
- Friday special - contact us for details on the weekly special
- Sunday BraaiDay. (Bring and braai; we supply the fire, plates, knives and forks and have braai packs available for sale; please don’t bring your own dop!)
723 Trappes St, Bathurst, South Africa